Bow Ties & Bandits
Dear friends, We've moved! Join us here: Pastiche

Friday, April 23, 2010

One Degree of Elijah Wood

I've had the plague for the last few days. I don't know what's been going around, but it's clamped its vicious teeth into me much like Tyson during the infamous "ear incident." (Yeah, when was the last time you heard a good Mike Tyson joke? Apparently not today, since that was awful. Blame it on the Theraflu.)
But the point is...I've been holed up inside my house, shuffling around in my super tight yoga pants that no one outside of my family will ever see me in, trying to find something to occupy my disease riddled body. So last night, I began watching the A&E version of "Pride & Prejudice" (don't even get me started on the Keira Knightley version. I will literally kill you. Literally? No, not literally. What's wrong with you?) right after finishing the "Fellowship of the Ring." And as my sister and I were watching, we came to the sudden realization that nearly every single person looks like Elijah Wood.
No. Stop and think about it.
Here's a reminder about what Elijah looks like:

















Moving on to "P&P"

Mr. Bingley? Check.















"I'm sorry, Bingley, I just can't look at you when you make that Elijah Wood face..."


Jane, the Bennet who entices Bingley (probably because they look like twins)? Check.











"I love my new twin bro- uh husband."




Daniel Radcliffe (who definitely isn't in "P&P")? Check.


















"Harry Potter could take down Frodo any day, you hobbit!"


This is just a brief sampling from the minds of The Sick and her sister.
Is there anyone else you can think of?
And no. Keira Knightley will never be included in this list.

2 comments:

katieelaine said...

i'm glad we both hate keira knightly =)

but i am not glad that we are both sick. all the time. and it's always the most horrible that it could get, no little colds for two or three days, it's like we're dying for two weeks.

anyway...to talk about the subject at hand, i totally agree that everyone looks like him! i'm jealous that you realized it first

Kelly said...

Seriously! What is up with our illnesses? haha.
And I was so shocked and elated to find out about Elijah Wood.
And I love that we hate her together. Even my mom said yesterday how much she dislikes her.
It's a wonderful world.