Bow Ties & Bandits
Dear friends, We've moved! Join us here: Pastiche

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Dragon Lives Forever But Not So Little Girls

I'm procrastinating big time. I have to be at class in like 2 1/2 hours and I'm still trying to figure out something else to do. I can't find a jump rope and the squirrels keep running away when I try to talk to them. Ergo, blog time.

Well, I was stuck for what I could possibly write about that wouldn't cause me to repeatedly bang my head against the keyboard when I go back to read it a week from now, when the most amazing thing happened. I started working on my papers that are due.

Whaaaaaaat?

This has never happened before. It's always the other way around. I'm stuck on my paper so I use my blog as a distraction.
Is this what it feels like to be an adult (pronounced ah-dolt)?
Am I becoming a mature contributor to the society we call "Life"?
I wasn't prepared for this! I'm supposed to have a few more good years left in me still! This wasn't supposed to happen for at least a few more months when I graduate!
But all the signs are here.
I'm drinking coffee (black...we'll talk about what I think of you sugar/cream ninnies later), wearing glasses, and working on my resume'. All I'm missing is one of my dumbbell cats sitting on my lap to cement my adulthood (aka Crazy Cat Lady-ness).

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been aimlessly searching around the house for some sign that I've not yet crossed over. But alas and alack. Nothing. "Alas and alack"??????????

This is the end.

Do adults even write blogs? My dad is constantly mocking mine...maybe it's true.
Even the identity crisis I'm currently facing is incredibly adult!

Well kids and kittens, I guess that's it.
Rufio has drawn the line in the sand and I'm stuck with Peter Banning pre-Peter Pan transformation.

Excuse me while I curl up in an incredibly adult fetal position and cry.

No comments: