Bow Ties & Bandits
Dear friends, We've moved! Join us here: Pastiche

Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Blog Title

Now. As you may have noticed, I have retitled my blog. There were a couple of key factors um factoring into my decision. See, living in the Bay Area, and not really subscribing to the thug...err...thizz movement, I feel that the new title better describes my life here.
It's not necessarily just about my clothes though. It's really about the gangster (***gAngStA***) life versus the one that I'm currently living. Which is constantly wishing that I wasn't living now. Wait. I don't mean that suicidally. I just mean that almost any other 20th century time period (besides the 90's...ew) is more appealing than now. So Bowties...that would be me in my desire for the classics. Bandits...I think you can figure that one out. Chris Brown himself says it best:"You see this bandana hangin, that means I'm like a bandit. Like-like a bandit bandit."
"But Kelly...if you're not a gangster...how do you know that song?"
Like oh-em-gee grrrrrrrrrrl.
I'm not going to lie...I do like to occasionally bust out the rap music. But the fact of the matter is...it's not my lifestyle.
And just as an aside...I'd take Cary Grant over Brad Pitt ANY day of the week...and twice on Sundays.

***iM oUT bEezIEs***

3 comments:

Dana said...

you are such a cotton headed nini-muggins! i love you. i love how you write. its so mater of factly and clever. i sound like im still in my identifying shapes phase level. shoot. but yeah. totally. count me in to this blog. i am so outa here. i would much rather be somewhere from the 80's backwards. it would even be awesome to be in some sort of 1800's thing and be the one wearing pants. i would be beaten every day no doubt.

Dana said...

wow. "identifying shapes phase level" its a good thing im hoping you know what i mean cuz thats not even clear what im talking about. i thought of phazers and spaceships when i saw that.

Emily the Magnificent. said...

Or Jimmy Stewart. Be still my heart.