Bow Ties & Bandits
Dear friends, We've moved! Join us here: Pastiche

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Doctor Doctor Give Me the News



I seriously am always sick. I've grown used to my chronic flucoldallergia, but sometimes it just knocks me on my can. This past week all I did was shuffle around my house mumbling something about dying. The real worst part about being sick, though, is that once you get better, it feels like you have to start your life all over again. I missed classes, didn't clean my house-more specifically my room, which looks like the Wild Rumpus came through-and basically have 14 trashcans full of tissues waiting to be taken out to the trash. I just don't understand why I get sick so often. I eat tons of fruits and veggies now, I wash my hands often enough- but not with too much anti-bac soap, which apparantly is bad now?- geez. what is my problem? Maybe I just need to stop associating with other sick people. Maybe we need to get back to the days where we quarantine sick people. Bring back the leper colonies! Except for Cold people. Coldeez. Wait. That's some kind of drugstore something. Coldists. Ok my brain is still congested...I'll come up with a more clever name later. *blows nose*
I suppose it could be worse. I could have strep throat...for the fourth time...
or I could have the chicken pox...
or get a snake in my boot...
or have my nose fall off like the Sphinx...
or have to wear Art Fern's toupee'...
or be force-fed lima beans. which as cliche' as it is...are disgusting.
I'll just have to stop complaining and go clean my room.

...yeah right...



And just for clarification's sake...this is the Wild Rumpus.

Aren't they adorable?

and Art Fern...one of Johnny Carson's characters.

This is the only picture that was somewhat non-blurry...and it's blue. What the heck.

1 comment:

Dana said...

oh my gosh. you are so funny. "mumbling something about dying" HA! 14 trash cans full of kleenex just waiting to be taken out. the ride of their life time is not over yet. they thought the hight of it was the whole getting blown in - BUT , they have no idea. i like the snake in your boot one. i would have to add - "being kidnapped by someone skinny enough to stay invisible behind the hiding trees."