Bow Ties & Bandits
Dear friends, We've moved! Join us here: Pastiche

Monday, August 30, 2010

I Capture the Castle

I Capture the Castle.
Haven't read it?
Read it.

Haven't seen it?
See it.

I'm very much a fan of media that feel magical. The kind that leave you looking at the world through crisp yet bleary eyes.

Like most movie adaptations, my favorite of course is the book. But as far as movie versions of the book go, not terrible. Just not quite as bewitchingly quirky as the book. I think it mostly has to do with Romola Garai. She herself has a somewhat enchanting history that has a tendency to seep into all of her acting endeavors. Having been born in a British Colony in Hong Kong, she seems to be of a different time, the kind of time that is far more enchanting than the present.

The book, though, is anything far from terrible. It's one of the kind that make you scrunch up in your bed all warm inside as you read. I rarely show emotion (ever) while reading or watching movies but I actually let a smile form on my lips while reading.

Plus I'm now thinking in a British accent, which makes me feel incredibly smart.

No comments: