Bow Ties & Bandits
Dear friends, We've moved! Join us here: Pastiche

Friday, February 15, 2008

Cowboys and Indians

Ok let me just start off by saying:
Yes, the term Indian is currently politically incorrect. But seeing as I am neither in politics, nor in possession of vast amounts of time in which I am able to write "Native Americans" repeatedly, I will be using the term "Indian" to refer to those wonderful people who are known as "Native Americans."

I recently came into possession of an Urban Outfitter tunic tee featuring a Chief and some bison and hills and other things that I can't really tell because, well, I'm wearing it right now. And as I was getting dressed this morning (skinny jeans, new shirt, plenty of teal jewelry), I reached a dilemma. Do I go for the boots or the pseudo moccasins? I love my boots and they'd match the western apparel, but is it a conflict of interest? Do I wear my moccasins? Is that too costume-y as Michael Kors would say? I tried on one. Then the other. One on each foot. Lift one foot. Lift the other. Finally, I asked my sister. She would know what to do! She said a definite no on my boots. They look like elf shoes.
That cinched it.
Boots it is.


And here's the shirt:

And my cheesy mcgee outfit:



just as an aside, no I am not 12 feet tall.

And also...I didn't use the term Indian as I thought I would. Go figure.

No comments: